We have servers installed to handle inbound and outbound mail, behind those servers we have the scanning and filter server.
For inbound we use qmail, for outbound courier, installed on the same server (there is a pair of them). All outgoing mail should go through the courier, all incoming mail should go to the qmail part. Now all mx records point to the qmail part (roundrobin). When I try sending a mail via courier, that has a domain that is pointing to us, I get the "mail loops back to myself" error.

I found a way to get around that, I can put the ip-address of the other twin server into esmtproutes for the domains we host, but that is not very elegant. Anyone has a better idea?

ev

--
"File not found. Should I fake it? (Y/N)"
http://www.evelyn.org