> > I invoke it using maildrop by adding the following line to
> > ~/.mailfilter:
> >
> >    xfilter "/usr/bin/spamc"
> >
> > I used to invoke it globally, but then realized I didn't want to check
> > mail that would never be delivered to a valid user, and this was the
> > only obvious way I saw to do this. If anyone else has any better
> > suggestions, I would love to hear them.
>
> Maildroprc is only used when delivering mail to mailboxes...  When would
> courier accept mail that wasn't going to be delivered to a valid user?

I should have been more specific there. I was referring to messages that
would not be delivered to a valid *local* user. The two examples of this
I have in my system are external email aliases and mailing lists. The
decision of whether or not to check for spam in such cases may differ
depending on the situation, but as I am running a very low-end server,
I jump on any chance to save work.

Charles

--
Clancy's