I was just discussing virtual-user password changing with a friend, and
how annoying it is not to have a way to easily change passwords via
either squirrelmail or imp.  Short of writing a kludge for either of
these systems to interact directly with the userdb file, I was wondering
if the authdaemon had any sort of hooks for changing user passwords - it
would be a lot easier to let authdaemon find the passwords in
mysql/ldap/userdb/wherever than to have to deal with separate "courier"
scripts - not to mention more secure.

On another note, is there any sort of commandline utility for changing
userdb info NOT from root - ie. let a user change his/her own info?

Anyway, if nothing like this exists, I'll leave it as a feature request
(I'm not a C coder)..  just send username, old password and new
password, and let authdaemon do the rest.

-Chris