Hi all!

I have a system (which hosts its own DNS) on which courier seems to be
throwing a lot of DNS errors when attempting to deliver to the local domain.

When I try to use the courier testmxlookup tool to test the local domain, it
reports a 'soft error'. This is also the case when I try to look up any
other domain I can think of, including domains that definitely have a viable
mx record, like 'google.com'.

If I use "nslookup -q=mx mydomain.com" then the local domain MX record looks
fine, and name resolution is working perfectly for all the other systems on
the machine.

How can I debug this? What could courier be asking for that isn't available?

Thorne Lawler
Senior Systems Administrator

t: +61 3 8329 2026
f: +61 3 9326 7588