Topper Harley writes:

Hello all,

I'm having trouble configuring courier aliases.
I have a virtual user on a virtual domain in a Mysql record :

-> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

This vuser/vhost works fine, I can send email to it and retrieve email from it.

Now I'd like to make this vuser a catch-all on vdomain.com
I tried adding :

@vdomain.com: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

and

@vdomain.com: webmaster

to my aliases file and ran makealiases each time but every attempt to send mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] gets a "550 user unknown" error.

Any idea what's wrong ?

The alias rule "@vdomain.com: [EMAIL PROTECTED]" rewrites any address
"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" as "[EMAIL PROTECTED]", so you need to install a .courier-default file in webmaster's home directory to provide the necessary delivery instructions.