-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Lindsay
Haisley
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 2:09 PM
To: Courier Users
Subject: Re: [courier-users] Re: MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE again

Thus spake Ben Kennedy on Tue, Aug 31, 2004 at 02:55:45PM CDT

> On 31 8 2004 at 1:21 pm -0400, Lindsay Haisley wrote:

> >These are OK.  If I comment out MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE and let authmysql
build

> >its own query, then everything is hunky-dory, the query works, and shows
up

> >in the mysql log, so it's not connectivity.

> There is something broken with authmysql as far as I can tell, though I'm

> not sure what it is.   Q.v. my postings of about a month ago, relating to

> similar problems, on which I never received feedback:

My problem is similar, but authmysql fails even when the user is an existing

user, and I get the "Service Temporarily Unavailable" response.  Watching

the mysql logs indicates than no query is made.

This is not so much a problem with my customer's new courier installation,

since the authentication there is fairly simple and probably for only one

domain name, but this problem effectively prevents me from upgrading courier

on my on server since I use a fairly complex MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE for

authentication and I'd have several dozen people coming after me with ropes

if I broke their company email feeds!

--

Lindsay Haisley       | "Everything works    |     PGP public key

FMP Computer Services |       if you let it" |      available at

512-259-1190          | (Travis W. Redfish)  | <http://www.fmp.com/pubkeys>

http://www.fmp.com    |    ("The Roadie")    |