Sam Varshavchik wrote  on 17.11.2004 2:33:

> Mark Constable writes:

> It's a hack.  All messages will now have a mysterious blank line
> appended to them.  Most people will probably never notice, but it
> doesn't feel right.

OK, this hack could be slighly complicated to add blank line only if a
message doesn't have any body lines.

--
Alexei.

[Mitch says:] I understand Sam's concern about modifying all messages and
thing he's right, but there has to be something easier than replacing the
broken clients and less brutal than what I do now (discard all messages too
small to be useful ;-)

Some people get a lot of these messages - and although I've tried to
convince them to fix their own problem by logging into webmail they persist
in the notion that it's a server problem - I don't know if these messages
didn't exist when they were at former hosts, or if the bug in the client
didn't exist at that point... or if sendmail, exim or other somehow patch
their messages...

In short - if Sam would accept a better patch then I'd sure appreciate if it
was there ;-)

m/