I recently migrated my mail server (different boxes, old box was
running freebsd 4.10 and courier 0.45.2 and current server runs
freebsd 5.3 and courier 0.45.4) mail client is squirrelmail.

I observe the following errors  1. When trying to sendmails
                                           2. When I log into the imap client.

Unknown response
1. Server replied: 417 DNS lookup failure: mymail.server.com   Try again later.

2. ERROR : Could not complete request.
Unknown response from IMAP server: 1.* NO Cannot open message 1 * NO
Cannot open message 2 * NO Cannot open message 3 * NO Cannot open
message 4 * NO Cannot open message 5

Has anyone seen this errors before? Please advice on what I may have
missed here:

Note: I copied config files from old system for /etc/courier  and
machine retains all identity of the old machine on the network. ping,
nslookup show the right entry and connectivity.

Also, accounts retain all their prior characteristics, username and group.

Thanks