Hi,
Not sure if this is the same problem at source, but been having two
issues when setting up mysql authenticated pop3 mail.

I am using clear text passwords in mysql with MYSQL_CLEAR_PWFIELD
password

Where password is the field in the table users which is defined here:
MYSQL_USER_TABLE users

Now, I have placed a record in the database with the email address which
also defines the mail folder, and the password in clear text.

When an email is sent to this account it does create the folder in the
/home/vmail as I have set it up, and mail is placed in there, but when I
try to check the mail via pop it fails and mail log shows a standard
auth failure:

Dec 20 00:47:34 bluegrassmedia courierpop3login: Connection,
ip=[::ffff(my IP address)]
Dec 20 00:47:39 bluegrassmedia courierpop3login: LOGIN FAILED,
ip=[::ffff(my IP address)]

I cant see why it is succeeding on all other parts but failing on the
login.. any ideas?

The other issue is with using sqwebmail. After installing it, when I try
to load it up I get

"Internal Error
The webmail system is temporarily unavailable. An error occured in
function write: Transport endpoint is not connected"

I have read in a few different postings about issues with not having
authdaemon started but this has been started.. I am not getting any
errors with maildir or anything at the moment.. seems to be just an
annoying config problem but I cant pinpoint it.. any help would be
greatly appreciated!!

Regards,
Chris Darke