From: Dick Hoogendijk [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> On 17 Jan Bowie Bailey wrote:
> > From: Phillip Hutchings [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > demarskramer.nl: their.mx.ip.address
> > Actually, that should be:
> > demarskramer.nl: [their.mx.ip.address]
>
> I have it without the brackets and all seems to work just fine. Mail
> gets delivered at last ;-)

Well, if it works, it works...

But from the man page:

    domain:relay[,port][/SECURITY=STARTTLS][/SECURITY=NONE]

    relay  can  be  another domain, or an explicit IP address inside
    brackets. For example, if esmtproutes contains the following:

    example.com: relay.domain.com
    domain.com: [192.168.0.2]

    Mail for example.com is delivered to relay.domain.com,  ignoring
    any  MX  records  for  example.com.  Mail for domain.com will be
    delivered to the machine at IP address  192.168.0.2.  All  other
    domains will have their MX and A records looked up.

Bowie