Hehehe!  thats right :)  my apologies to all :).

The server is debian sarge.  im install all the packages using apt-get.
actually im using ipopd, but i want use courier-pop.  When i install
courier-pop (using apt-get), the /var/log/mail.log dont report anything
related with the pop3 service.  Aparenttly, when i install courier-pop,
the pop3 service dissapear!!!!!   if i install dovecot or ipopd server
or qpopper, the pop3 service start to work; but when install
courier-pop, inmediatly the pop3 port is closed.

How can i find why pop3 service die only with courier-pop?

thanks.