Dirk Kulmsee said:
> Bill Taroli schrieb:
>
>> Dirk Kulmsee wrote:

>>> We all would love to block spam at the earliest stage, but at least
>>> here in Good ol' Germany you are half way in Jail if you do so.
>>> Mail & letters are PERSONAL and you may not intrude. So we filter
>>> SPAM and put it into a seperate folder which POP3 users don't  get.
>>> Every user is still able to log in via webmail and check his SPAM
>>> folder if she/ he misses something.
>>>
>>> How do you (all) do it?
>>>

>> Oh, note that I said that actually only use the global filter for
>> viruses... meaning that I only reject messages during submit IF they
>> contain a virus. For spam, I instead call spamc/spamd from within
>> Maildrop (globally), and put suspected SPAM into a folder that users
>> can review normally. I also set expiration so that if they don't
>> review them after a while, they are cleaned up. In my opinion, spam
>> filters aren't quite exact enough to be sure that always what gets
>> labeled is in fact spam -- or that what is spam for one person isn't
>> perfectly acceptable for someone else. So I take a more cautious
>> approach to that type of filtering.
>>
>> Bill Taroli
>>

> Marvellous! That's our way too. We use Dr.Web as a virus scanner and
> Spamassassin & Affiliates (Razor & DCC) as SPAM Filter.
> Any better ideas around ?

I just wrote a little blurb on the new unofficial Courier Wiki about
configuring maildrop/SpamAssassin so that users can configure spam
messages higher than a certain score to be "nuked".  The admin can have
them deleted immediately or (like I do) save them to a admin folder for FP
checking on occassion.  Here's the details:

http://courier.opensrc.org/index.php?page=SpamAssassinWithMaildrop

with some perl scripting, one could probably get something similar with
Spamassassin at SMTP time, where user's configure a spam threshold
(something like 5) and a nuke threshold (something like 15).  Messages
that score over the user's nuke threshold would be rejected by the MTA.
Personally though, rejecting messages at the SMTP level scares me.  I'd
lie in bed and wonder, is my MTA rejecting all messages because my Spam
filter broke?

Jay
--
Jay Lee