Jay Lee wrote:
> I'm having trouble getting global filtering working using
> Courier::Filter. I've installed Courier::Filter and dependencies.  I
> can successfully use test-filter-module to verify Courer::Filter is
> working.  I can start and stop pureperlfilter with filterctl and
> /var/log/maillog shows it starting and stopping without error.  A "ps
> -A | grep filter" shows:
>
> 4614 ?        00:00:00 courierfilter
> 4888 ?        00:00:00 pureperlfilter

Your problem most probably doesn't have anything to do with maildrop
white-listing.

AFAICS, "installing" pureperlfilter using `filterctl` only works if the
pureperlfilter executable is installed in /usr/lib/courier/filters (or
your platform's equivalent), which by default is not the case.  (I will
look into whether future releases of C:F can install the pureperlfilter
executable directly in /usr/lib/courier/filters.)

>From the filterctl man-page:

| Available mail filter binaries are located in the directory
| /usr/lib/courier/filters.  The filterctl script looks in this directory
| to see which mail filters are available to be installed.  Installing a
| mail filter consists of simply creating a soft link from the directory
| /etc/courier/filters/active to its corresponding binary in
| /usr/lib/courier/filters. The courierfilter start command simply reads
| /etc/courier/filters/active and runs every program in this directory.

This is why the Courier::Filter docs[1] tell you to create the symlink in
/etc/courier/filters/active manually.  Try creating the symlink manually
and then restarting courierfilter; this should help.  If it still doesn't
work, just say a word.