From: Sam Varshavchik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> Bowie Bailey writes:
> >
> > Sorry to reply to myself, but I have one other question.
> >
> > Once I get the authlib rpms built with the correct options, do I need to
> > rebuild the Courier-0.56 rpms as well?
>
> Yes -- in this specific case, where you're changing the userid and
> groupid, the Courier RPMs must also be rebuilt.  You will also need to do
> a clean install.  Do not do a straightforward upgrade.  Remove the old
> packages, and manually clean up all the leftovers -- you'll still have
> leftover changed configuration files in the etc directory, and stuff in
> the mail spool directory.  Since the userid/groupid has changed you will
> need to remove everything, and do a clean install.

Since this is a new build, I can clear it out and reinstall with no
problems.  The only annoyance is the time it takes to recompile everything.

Thanks for the help, Sam!  You and the other knowledgeable people on this
list provide better support for Courier than I've seen with most of the
commercially supported software we have.

Bowie