Julie S. Lin wrote:
> i'm trying to get spamassassin to filter mail to an email alias
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" .
>
> in my courier aliases files "list" I have
> hostmaster :    user x, user y, user z
>
> how can I go about doing that? from my research it's a matter of
> directing mail to a some file, run the spam filtering, then forward
> the checked mail onward? is there a better way?

There are basically two ways:

If you want to reject spam, you can use Amavisd-new to call
SpamAssassin (and ClamAV, if you want).  The downside is that this
method has no capability to change the message and so it can't add
markups to the header or subject.

If you just want to mark and deliver the spam, you can call spamc from
maildrop.  With the alias you describe above, you would need to run it
individually for each user (since maildrop is a delivery agent, it
doesn't see the alias, just the users).

--
Bowie