To: "Brent Robinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <courier-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Sent: Wednesday, March 29, 2006 5:32 PM
Subject: [courier-users] Re: /etc/courier?

Brent Robinson wrote:
I recently compiled and installed Courier on a Mac OSX 10.3.9 system, and everything appeared to be successful, with no errors. I was reading a tutorial that makes reference to the 'authdaemonrc' and 'authmysqlrc' files within the '/etc/courier' directory, but there isn't an '/etc/courier' directory on the system. There is a file called 'authdaemonrc' on the system in the '/usr/local/etc/authlib/' directory, but the only place where the 'authmysqlrc' file exists in the the directory where I originally un-tarred the 'courier-authlib-0.58' package. Can anyone provide any insight? Did something go wrong with my installation, or am I just making some other beginner's mistake?

The tutorial mostly likely is covering an older version of Courier that was from a time before the Courier authentication module was split out into its own distribution, courier-authlib. The names of the config files are still the same, but all of the authentication-related configuration is now found in /etc/authlib, or /usr/local/etc/authlib in your installation.

Cheers,

-- Johnny Lam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

This SF.Net email is sponsored by xPML, a groundbreaking scripting language that extends applications into web and mobile media. Attend the live webcast and join the prime developer group breaking into this new coding territory!