Olivier Sannier wrote:
> Gordon Messmer wrote:
>
>> Olivier Sannier wrote:

>>> Fantastic. I've followed the instructions and I think it is installed.
>>> How do I check that it actually is running?
>>>

>> If "debug" is enabled, for instance, you'd see "Debugging filter
>> invoked:" in your mail log, when each message is accepted via smtp.
>>
>> If you're using "greylist", you'd also see a lot of "451 4.7.1
>> Greylisting in action" messages.
>>

> Well then, I must have missed something as I do not get any "Debugging
> filter invoked:" message and all the "451 4.7.1" messages are from
> remote servers, not mine. (command line were 'cat /var/log/mail/info |
> grep filter' and 'cat /var/log/mail/info | grep 4.7.1')
> Here is what I did :
>
> untargz the courier-python-filter file as "regularuser"
> su to root
> cd courier-python-filter
> call the setup.py script
> ran the other commands as indicated by readme
> exit (return to "regularuser")
>
> the chown has been done with courier:courier  as this the user and the
> group under which courier is running.
> Note that I tried to run setup.py script as "regularuser", but it failed
> saying it could not access a file/directory which is why I reran it as root.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated
> Regards
> Olivier

Ok, silly me, it was simply needed to call courierfilter start
But after that, I get a message saying this :

pythonfilter failed to create socket in /var/spool/courier/allfilters

I created the above directory, chowned it to courier:courier but to no
avail. Is that something serious or can I let it go ?

Regards
Olivier