Sam,

we close this issue as it has been solved (mails are sent
correctly) and otherwise there is no point to argue about.
Maybe my command of English to not sufficient but the simple question
was whether it is correct that the when sending a mail via PHP the host
name is set to the domain of the recipient address.

Example:

2 mails are sent by PHP submission:

1) mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', $subject, $message, $headers,

2) mail('[EMAIL PROTECTED]', $subject, $message, $headers, $param));

Log entries:

Mail 1:
started,id=000102C4.4671F8CC.00007528,from=<[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>,module=esmtp,host=mydomain.com,addr=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Mail 2:
started,id=0001044A.4671F8CC.0000752A,from=<[EMAIL
PROTECTED]>,module=esmtp,host=nonlocal.com,addr=<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Question was: is it correct that the host is set to the host of the
mail-to address?

Maybe that is irrelevant - so no answer required.

Thanks!
Bernd

--
プラゲ ベェアント - Bernd Plagge