Hi Bernd,

Bernd Wurst wrote:
> Here again, Gentoo patches some stuff that IMHO could be done upstream.
> Attached is a patch file that replaces pam_stack.so with PAM's include
> feature. This is the way to go with current PAM versions (Don't remember the
> version it was introduced). PAM 0.99 and later does not contain pam_stack.so.

I don't know PAM, so I trust that's true. However, include names are
not universal: On debian I have a "common-auth" rather than a
"system-auth". Perhaps referring to PAM-as-it-was is still the least
common denominator?

> Second, there is a patch to effectively disable rwoutput() function. I did
> not
> find out when or why one would need this. Gentoo has a use-flag for this. If
> there's really a reason to disable this, it should be configurable within
> courier.

Tricky issue, I'd like to hear Sam's opinion. The percent hack
probably belongs to the Email Museum. Indeed, rfc2821 discourages but
  still allows source routes, and so does the last-call-requested
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-klensin-rfc2821bis-08#section-3.6.1
The latter says "When route information is encountered, SMTP servers
MAY ignore the route information and simply send to the final
destination specified as the last element in the route and SHOULD do
so." (A fuzzy usage of rfc2119's Requirement Levels.)

Is anyone still using that?

> Third, a new configure flag for disabling FAM is added. This makes courier
> able to build even with no FAM installed.

Looks cool enough; I'd take it, if I were Sam... :-)

The fact that I write this gratuitous feedback doesn't imply more than
that I'm enough idle to do it...