To be honest, I can't remember if it was an apt-get upgrade or me manually installing/uninstalling python packages. Debian has multiple python packages - "python", "python2.4" and "python2.5" - which confused me a bit. I've checked www.courier-mta.org and followed the link to your pythonfilter page - I see you're up to 1.1 now - time for an upgrade I think... :)

I downloaded v1.1 and installed that. Now I have a pythonfilter process that isn't defunct. :D
Thanks for the quick assistance again, Gordon.

Gordon Messmer wrote:
Tim Lyth wrote:
$ python
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Apr 17 2008, 13:15:05)
import courier.config
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named courier.config

It looks like you updated python to a new major revision recently, and need to reinstall any local python modules you had before. This includes pythonfilter.

Assuming that's the case: did you upgrade to a new debian release? This wasn't the result of a simple "apt-get upgrade", right?

Curiously (perhaps):
$ find / -name courier.config

You're actually looking for a file named "config.py" in a directory named "courier". You'll probably find it in python 2.4's site-packages.