Quoting fjar Uno al día <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hello all,
> I have a courier installation for many email domains. This has been working
> fine for more than two years.
> Now I face a situation where I need to accept emails like '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> that have to be rewritten to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' and sent to a second SMTP
> server.
> domain1.com is a local domain and I have a esmtproutes to get to domain2.com
> .
>
> I can't find a way to achieve this with the aliases, the only thing I see is
> a virtual domain and all emails for that virtual domain going to the same
> mailbox.
> Is there a way to make an alias for a domain into a different domain without
> changing the username?

You can add something like:

domain1.com            domain2.com

in hosteddomains/hosteddomains and run makehosteddomains.  This would
be for all users, if that is what you are after. For example:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] would go to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] would go to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
etc

Other options could be .forwards in all the users homedirs which I am
assuming that you don't want to do and you have already ruled out
aliases

good luck,

ed