Juan Miscaro writes:

Hi, running courier pop and imap running on some boxes with postfix.
I want my maildroprc file to send spam to a spam folder:

if (/^X-Spam-Status: Yes/)
{
to $MAILDIR/.Spam/

That should be to "$MAILDIR/.Spam"

You need to quote the pathname.

}

But how does maildrop become aware of the MAILDIR variable?  I'm using
authdaemon with mysql backend (authmysql) and it's working well.

In authmysqlrc I have

MYSQL_HOME_FIELD        '/var/spool/virtual_mailboxes'
MYSQL_MAILDIR_FIELD     virtual_mailbox

A typical value for virtual_mailbox is

example.com/username/Maildir/

The postfix master.cf has

maildrop  unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
  flags=DRhu user=vmail argv=/usr/local/bin/maildrop -d ${recipient}

You're either have a custom version of maildrop built, your you have something /etc/maildroprc. maildrop, by default, does not import the MAILDIR environment variable. The list of environment variables imported by maildrop by default is listed in the maildropfilter man page.