On Thursday 30 October 2008 16:35, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> Frederik Dannemare wrote:
> > True. My Bad. I simply had no recollection of the official
> > installation instructions and somehow assumed they were extremely
> > verbose (or something - I dunno really :-) ) and just wanted to
> > provide my non-verbose personal notes (something I do for
> > everything I install and/or configure, unless I know I will be able
> > to remember every little detail of it years from now). It has saved
> > me countless hours through the years...
>
> Which is exactly why I package most software. ;)

Speaking of packages... I've just finished a Debian package of v1.4.

I've been an official maintainer for the Debian Project for a couple of
years (although I've been pretty much inactive for more than a year
now), so the quality of my package should be good even if it's an
initial release.

I currently don't handle starting the filter post-installation as well
as stopping of the filter if the package is later removed. Same for
stopping and starting the filter between upgrades. That will come with
the next release.

All sources - as well as a binary .deb for i386 - is available at:
http://sentinel.dk/linux/debian/packages/courier-pythonfilter/

> >> Sadly, that whitelist document is no longer available.
> >
> > Ah, bummer. Would it be worth including (in your
> > courier-pythonfilter sources) whatever latest version you (or me or
> > anybody else) have downloaded at some point?
>
> I suppose it might.  I don't think I have a copy of it at all.

For what it's worth I have made my nogreylisting file available at:
http://sentinel.dk/files/etc_courier_smtpaccess_nogreylisting
(however, it is at least one year old)

Best regards,
Frederik Dannemare