Hi,

I have a couple of very large lists with couriermlm (close to 20k users each).
So far it seems to me both lists have been functioning well, however it has
just come to my attention that a number of users are not receiving the daily
message.

So I started looking through the logs to see if I could find the reason why,
and so far I have no clue what's going on. Here's one example. I have a list
"reflexoes1" and a subscriber [EMAIL PROTECTED]

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/mailman# couriermlm lsub
/shared/data/couriermlm/reflexoes1 |wc -l
18330
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/mailman# couriermlm lsub
/shared/data/couriermlm/reflexoes1 |grep [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (06-Nov-2008)

So the address is indeed subscribed. But the person is not receiving messages.

I looked back a few days on the mail.log.* (the list sends out daily messages)
and there is no mention at all of this email address (either success or
failure).

The bounces directory has a lot of directories in it,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]:/var/lib/mailman# ls
/shared/data/couriermlm/reflexoes1/bounces|wc -l
5288

But a search in the bounces for the address also returns nothing (which makes
sense because if there was a bounce then I'd see it in the logs)
find /shared/data/couriermlm/reflexoes1/bounces/ -type f |xargs grep [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
returns nothing

searching through mailq also results in nothing.

So evidently there's not even an attempt to send the message to this address,
even though couriermlm does list it as subscribed.

This is only one example. There are many others exactly like it.

How can I debug this? Maybe couriermlm is halting or crashing at a certain
point in the subscriber list?

Ricardo