Hi!

I'm running ubuntu 8.04 LTS with courier-mta 0.58.0.20080127-1ubuntu1. I've
the problem that the server gets spammed a lot and some of them are not
closing the connection. I'm getting quite often "courieresmtpd: 80 maximum
active connections.". I'm now searching for the option to tell courier to
close the smtp connection sooner. I didn't find anything, only for outgoing
smtp connection I found settings for the timeout.

I now tried following:

# echo 600 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_time
# echo 20 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/tcp_keepalive_intvl

don't really know if that's a good idea or if it even works so far (need to
keep an eye on the logs). Do you've any advice? thx.

--
Regards,
Robert