On Friday 24 July 2009, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Dan Johansson writes:
> > I have a setup with virtual E-Mail accounts with a MySQL backend.
> > Now I want to make one account unavailable to the world (not accept new
> > E-Mails, like the account never existed) but still be able to access the
> > mail that is allready there via IMAP (the guy has quit but we still wants
> > his mail available in his account).
> > What would be the best way to accomplish this.
>
> You will have to define a custom SELECT query in authmysqlrc. Instead of
> setting the individual fields, define MYSQL_SELECT_CLAUSE to the entire
> SEELCT statement. Use the $(service) variable to return the account only
> for the imap service, and not the courier service.

Thanks for the info, one more question though: Is the $(service) evaluated in
the MYSQL_WHERE_CLAUSE as well? I am thinking in the line of adding a field
to the password table, lets say 'still_here', and the set MYSQL_WHERE_CLAUSE
to something like "AND (still_here=1 OR $(service) IN ('imap', 'imaps'))"

If not, could you plase tell my the default SELECT query?

Regards,
--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!