Carlos Lopez wrote:

> You all can also use http://www.infire.com/2.0/?l=en&d=0&t=perlfilter_dkim
> I've been using it since last year and it worked nice.

I installed it today and I would not recommend it.

It simply looks at the From: header of the mail and compares it to
a list of a domains in its configuration file. If the From: header
matches, it signs the mail.

In enablefiltering I only have transport options: esmtp, local,
uucp. Since I'm not sitting on the server, I need esmtp under all
circumstances.

So you see what happens if I'm not using SPF: you fake a mail from
me and send it from any server in Farawaystan to any user on any of
the domains that I host, the mail arrives by esmtp, perlfilter_dkim
gets invoked, checks the From: header and adds a valid signature to
the forgery that's just about to be delivered.

I won't go into what happens next, when the forgery, now with a valid
DKIM signature from a local domain, travels on through maildrop and
spamassassin on its way to the recipient's mailbox. A mechanism which
is meant to guarantee integrity but is willing to sign any forgery,
has defeated its own purpose.

zdkimfilter seems to have the right approach. It "checks whether the
message has been accepted with RELAYCLIENT permission. If so, and
there is an authenticated user," it proceeds to sign the message.

Z (now having to undo and redo everything)