Hi,

> The only thing I can think of that would be useful for me
> in this
> situation would be to have a dedicated process for
> delivering to my
> internal server.  Basically some way to tell Courier
> that there should
> always be at least one delivery process available for a
> particular
> server.  This way, regardless of how busy the queue
> gets, incoming
> messages would not get delayed.

Yes, you could set up 2 kind of scenarios. Let's say you should have 2 smtp
servers running, one for LAN (IN/OUT) traffic (let's called SMTP-LAN) where you
could also allow incomming traffic from external (internet) source for example
POP3-SSL and SMTP-SSL, and a SMTP-WAN only server that will accept emails from
the SMTP-LAN which destination emails are not the same LAN addresses and
Internet (ex. google/yahoo, etc...)

As stated above, it is the most common scenario on big companies.

If you only have one server and lot of hardware resources, you can also think
on virtualization, so you can have both servers on the same hardware and at the
same time save some money.

> Of course, whacking the user with a clue-bat and telling
> them to send
> those kind of messages at the end of the day so they can
> process
> overnight would help too!  :)

That is called "usage policies", services a company gives to their employees in
order to do work easier. Consider this in order to apply it to users.