On 23.12.2011 3:02, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> As I'm using Fedora, I have no real way of testing it, but if someone
> wants to volunteer to test it, I can put the sysvinit stuff back in.
> It's not complicated.

Well if no one else wants to test it (or have they replied off the
list), I could test it on CentOS (next year;). Dunno how proper
and good testing I can do, but better than nothing.

As I'm planning to do 5->6 upgrade and good point to also update
everything else including courier.

Have used those .spec files since I can remember and now got this
when trying to make new ones:

Error: Package: courier-authlib-0.63.1.20110619-1.el6.i686
            Requires: /bin/systemctl

Then remembered this conversation. If support for sysvinit is
dropped I think that the .spec files taken from older versions
will stop working before RHEL and RHEL based distros have moved
from sysvinit.

Used the old .spec's for now.

And btw courier.spec could have %{version} macro on the source line:
Source:
http://download.sourceforge.net/courier/courier-%{version}.tar.bz2