On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 16:18:34 +1000
Mark Constable <ma...@renta.net> wrote:

> Dumb simple question. Is there anything "special" I have to do to
> activate $HOME/.mailfilter files?
>
> My /etc/courier/maildroprc works just fine but I need to enable some
> vacation responses with mailbot and I can't see any activity from
> any .mailfilter files and google hasn't helped, even with
> site:http://www.courier-mta.org. The .mailfilter files are chmod 600
> and owned by the right uid:gid.
>
> Do I have to somehow call the users .mailfilter
> from /etc/courier/maildroprc?

In my understanding it is the other way round, maildrop uses maildroprc
file when started.

What is your DEFAULTDELIVERY setting in your courierd
config file? It should be

DEFAULTDELIVERY="| /usr/local/bin/maildrop"

if maildrop is to be used for local mail delivery. Or, if you like it
only for some mailboxes, use .courier file to enable it.

Regards,
Milan