Hi,

On Wed 24/Jul/2013 00:17:17 +0200 Anders wrote:

> So, now comes to testing it all... To summarize, no mails are signed
> because I think that zdkimfilter can't find anything suitable to match
> domain/selector against. What can be the cause?

I think that's because you set RELAYCLIENT based on the IP address,
and have no authsender in the control file (a control record starting
with 'i').  The signing domain is derived from the user id, if it has
a '@'.  Courier can work both ways, zdkimfilter should do so as well.

> I have a test.mail file
> ======================
> Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2013 21:57:29 +0200
> From: Anders <and...@lechevalier.se>
> To: anders <crimsoncott...@gmail.com>
> Subject: test
>
> test
> ======================
>
> I run "dkimsign test.mail" and get the following output:
> ======================
> WARN: zfilter: zdkimfilter[27853]:Mismatched library versions:
> compile=0X2020200 link=0X2080400

(That warning is due to a mismatch between libopendkim-dev and the
actual libopendkim library.  It might cause hiccups when verifying
signatures --not the current issue.

> INFO: zfilter: zdkimfilter: running for dkimsign on 1 ctl + 1 mail files
> INFO: zfilter: zdkimfilter[27854]: started child
> DEBUG: zfilter: zdkimfilter[27854]:reading 2 names completed by first call
> INFO: zfilter: zdkimfilter[27854]:id=dkimsign: not signing for
> postmaster: no domain
> INFO: zfilter: zdkimfilter[27854]:id=dkimsign: response: 250 not filtered.
> ======================
> What is the mismatched library versions?
> dkimsign doesn't see the domain in FROM: or Message-ID: fields. Is this
> normal?
>
> I run "dkimsign --domain lechevalier.se test.mail"

Yes, dkimsign needs the domain to create a control file similar to
those supplied by Courier.

> zdkimfilter.conf:
> ======================
> all_mode = Y
> verbose = 8
> domain_keys = /etc/courier/filters/keys
> selector = s
> ======================

That looks fine.  A default_domain = lechevalier.se would be needed
only if it is needed for Courier too.  That is, if your Courier user
id is "anders" rather than "and...@lechevalier.se".

> I have a symlink /etc/courier/filters/keys/lechevalier.se -> s.private

Correct.

> So, when sending emails, I get only the following in my mail log:
> ======================
> Jul 24 00:09:42 e350 courierfilter: zdkimfilter[29197]: started child
> Jul 24 00:09:42 e350 courierfilter: zdkimfilter[29197]:reading 2 names
> completed by first call
> Jul 24 00:09:42 e350 courierfilter:
> zdkimfilter[29197]:id=0000000000C81E83.0000000051EEFF26.0000720B:
> response: 250 not filtered.
>
> I'm at a loss now what could be the root cause here. How can I debug
> this problem? It seems as the verbosity in the log is too low, even
> though I have verbosity=8.

You should have got at least a "not signing for /user id/: no
/something/" message if it had entered signing mode.  That's why I
think you don't authenticate on sending.  Please confirm that.  I'll
add a message for that case anyway.