On Fri 16/Aug/2013 04:55:10 +0200 Lindsay Haisley wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-08-15 at 22:04 -0400, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>>
>> I wish I could say otherwise, but that's what it is. The flip side of the
>> coin is that IMAP is a mature protocol. It does its job, and there is no
>> viable replacement for it.

Smartphones use IMAP, and I think much of the lemonade RFCs, e.g. BURL
(RFC 4468 of May 2006), can still be considered "new IMAP stuff".  That
hadn't raised OMA's karma, though.

Some recent work is devoted to Sieve extensions, e.g. RFC 6609 of May 2012.

> Oh well, I'm just an old geezer, 72 years old, who got to working with
> the Internet back in the early 90s.  I appreciate the simplicity,
> flexibility and security of the old, mature mail protocols.  I probably
> won't be doing this too much longer.

Oh, thanks!  And I thought I was getting oldish being just 57...  But
I'd keep on doing this until I see the discovery of a proper solution to
the spam problem, just because I'm curious.