Bowie Bailey writes:

I'm setting up a new server.  My intention is to install the same
version of Courier that was on the old server, copy the configurations
and everything over and then upgrade to the latest, but I'm getting an
error trying to build courier-authlib-0.65.0.

The old system was CentOS 4.9 32-bit.  The new system is CentOS 6.5 64-bit.

When I try to build the rpm, this is what I get:

     $ rpmbuild -tb courier-authlib-0.65.0.tar.bz2
     configure: error: invalid ltdl library directory: `/usr/lib'

libtool, libtool-ltdl, and libtool-ltdl-devel are all installed
(x86_64).  Is the error due to the 64-bit OS?

I could upgrade the old server first, but my thought was to do it on the
new server so I can test for problems before switching over. I'm
building the old versions rather than simply installing the newest so
that I can copy all the configurations over as-is rather than having to
do comparisons between the old configs and the new ones to check for
changes, new options, etc.

The old system is running courier-authlib-0.65.0 and courier-0.69.0.

Suggestions?

courier-authlib builds fine on 64 bit Fedora.

Googling around shows it's a frequent libtool breakage.

Do you have the 'redhat-rpm-config' package installed, although I don't think it would be a factor.

You could install the source rpm, and add --with-ltld-lib=/usr/lib64 to the %configure line.