On 4/14/2014 11:23 AM, Jérôme Blion wrote:
> Le 2014-04-14 17:15, Bowie Bailey a écrit :
>> Anyone try to use courier-pythonfilter with the latest ClamAV?  I'm
>> trying to set this up on my new server, but I'm getting some errors
>> trying to build the pyclamav package that it requires.  Apparently, it
>> is only tested up to ClamAV 0.93, while the current version is 0.98.
>> I'm wondering if it is no longer compatible, or if I'm doing something
>> wrong.
>>
>> I'm looking for something more lightweight than Amavis.  All I need is
>> something that can run ClamAV on incoming mail.  Any other suggestions?
> Hello,
>
> root@srv-bron:~# diff clamav.py clamav.py.orig
> 42,43c42,43
> <             pyclamd.init_unix_socket(localSocket)
> <             avresult = pyclamd.scan_file(bodyFile)
> ---
>>              clamd = pyclamd.ClamdUnixSocket(localSocket)
>>              avresult = clamd.scan_file(bodyFile)

Ok, that was a bit cryptic, but it got me looking in the right
direction.  After a bit of poking around, I figured out that you were
giving me a patch for pythonfilter to run with pyclamd. Looking at the
pythonfilter code, I realized that support for pyclamd is already built
in although the README file and everything else I've read about it says
you have to user pyclamav.

So I tried it with pyclamd without your patch and it seems to be working
fine.  I'm not sure what that patch is supposed to fix, but it doesn't
seem to be necessary.  It works fine with the original lines in there.

--
Bowie