Hello!

I have just migrated a courier-mta 0.47-4 on Debian to a 0.63-0 on Ubuntu. For
this, I have copied the user's mailboxes and /etc/courier.

It basically all went fine and I can send and receive mails. However, we use
some kind of virtual domain setup and mainly use the global
dotcourier-configuration in /etc/aliasdir. But after the migration, this path
somehow isn't taken into account.

For example: I have a domain bar.com and in /etc/aliases/forward there's a line
"@bar.com: bar-com". If I want to forward a mail to "f...@bar.com" to the
address "f...@baz.com", I would create a file
/etc/aliasdir/.courier-bar-com-foo and put "f...@baz.com" in it, right? (I
know, that's not the only way, but I have some kind of historic setup here) ;-)

We have this setup for a dozen accounts and it all worked fine on the old
courier-mta, but isn't working at all on the new one. And courier isn't even
really logging something, it just returns a 550-User unknown to the sending
mail server and that's exactly what's in the log.

Did I miss something important? Is there a switch outside the mailboxes or
/etc/courier? I still have access to the old server and searched the complete
system for other .courier-files or something like "forward" or "alias" but
didn't found anything.

Please help!

Thank you.

Kind regards