On 2014-05-01 17:07, Anders Le Chevalier wrote:

> On 2014-05-01 16:36, Hanno Böck wrote:
>> On Thu, 01 May 2014 15:13:29 +0200 Anders Le Chevalier
>> <and...@lechevalier.se> wrote:
>>
>>> Are there any limitations to the type of hash or other features
>>> of the certificates that are supported by courier?
>>
>> I'm not aware of any and I'm using startssl certs successfuly with
>> my servers.
>
> That is good news :)
>

>>> Should I put something else inside the TLS_CERTFILE ? Is the
>>> order of the key, cert, intermediary CA and root CA important in
>>> the PEM file?
>>
>> The order matters. First Cert, then intermediate. You shouldn't put
>> the root in at all.
>>

> What about the key? I suppose the unencrypted key needs to be included
> in the PEM file?
>
> The default self-signed certs (mkimapdcert) are created as such:
>
> -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
> -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----
> -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE-----
> -----END CERTIFICATE-----

I checked with "openssl s_client -connect domain.com:993" and got the
following error:

CONNECTED(00000003)
depth=2 C = IL, O = StartCom Ltd., OU = Secure Digital Certificate
Signing, CN = StartCom Certification Authority
verify return:1
depth=1 C = IL, O = StartCom Ltd., OU = Secure Digital Certificate
Signing, CN = StartCom Class 1 Primary Intermediate Server CA
verify return:1
depth=0 C = SE, CN = domain.com, emailAddress =
domain....@domainsbyproxy.com
verify return:1
140576163956368:error:0407006A:rsa
routines:RSA_padding_check_PKCS1_type_1:block type is not 01:rsa_pk1.c:100:
140576163956368:error:04067072:rsa
routines:RSA_EAY_PUBLIC_DECRYPT:padding check failed:rsa_eay.c:721:
140576163956368:error:1408D07B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_KEY_EXCHANGE:bad
signature:s3_clnt.c:1812:

What could this padding check failure be?

~A