On Sun, 1 Jun 2014, Sam Varshavchik wrote:

> Joe Laffey writes:
>
>> Is it possible I need to use the *AUTH_TLS settings for when I am using
>> SSL? Those are blank right now (see below).
>>
>> For instance, should I add md5 to ESMTPAUTH_TLS ?
>
> Correct. You can see for yourself by using couriertls or openssl's s_client
> to make an encrypted connection to the pop3 ssl port.

Thanks for your help, Sam. It turns out that was not the issue at all.

I finally figured out why my CRAM-MD5 was not working after upgrading
courier. I neglected to carefully scour the authmysqlrc file and I found
that I had the clear text field in the database commented out. So Courier
could not do CRAM-MD5 since it did not have access to the cleartext
password.

Write up here:
http://fivewatt.thestable.tv/2014/06/11/cram-md5-passwords-not-working-in-courier-mail-server-after-upgrade/

--