On 30.11.14 09:19, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>I'll confirm that a HELO check blocks a lot of junk.

>The default settings do not enable SPF checking at all; so the
>default configuration does not check the HELO.
>
>But, if someone wants to do that, this setting is available; and,
>since it's their server, and if they wish to ignore the requirement
>to not validate the HELO, it's their prerogative to do so.

as I said before, the problem is not to block at HELO stage or for the
invalid HELO string (invalid hostname, local IP address, local hostname
etc). The problem is refusing because of HELO not matching RDNS.

refusing would also block much connections and would not violate RFCs...

I have just checked my SA logs for a few weeks and have found no
RCVD_HELO_IP_MISMATCH hit... either the rule does not work, or the cvheck is
not as important as it seems

Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are