On 4/23/2558 BE 05:07, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Robert Hensel writes:

Both are doing fine on their own, but it seems that when I start courier-imap-ssl, support for STARTTLS drops automatically from courier-imap. Is that something specific to how debian is set up or is it courier? Because I can't really find out from the init scripts (included below).

No, Courier doesn't work like that, and it would even be pretty hard to set something like that up. Each daemon's configuration settings are read when it starts. Afterwards, starting some other daemon has no effect on the existing daemon's environment.
That makes sense to me. However, this is how it works out of the box on Debian. Starting courier-imap-ssl definetly removes STARTTLS from the imap capabilities (when connecting from other than localhost). When I stop it, it is added again.

The configuration files does actually mention "instead", which implies that it is either of the 2:

/etc/courier/imapd-ssl

#  Whether or not to start IMAP over SSL on simap port:

IMAPDSSLSTART=YES

##NAME: IMAPDSTARTTLS:0
#
#  Whether or not to implement IMAP STARTTLS extension *instead*:

IMAPDSTARTTLS=YES

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/henselhosting
https://facebook.com/henselhosting