(Forgive the Senior Moment - I know I was able to do this once before,
but I've forgotten how.)

My Courier setup has

DEFAULTDELIVERY="| /opt/courier/bin/preline /usr/local/bin/procmail"

in "etc/courierd" for Maildir delivery.

A short while back, my home directory filled up and a small bunch
of e-mails were not delivered.  They were left in "/var/mail/$USER"
instead (separate partition).

I know Courier comes with a script in "share/mb2md" but I don't want
the old mbox mails to just be dumped straight into INBOX - I want
them to get re-processed through "procmail" somehow so they'll be
properly re-filed to their sub-folders.  (As I said I did it once
before during a previous disk-full episode, I just can't remember
what I did.)

Ideally it would be by feeding them back into Courier/courieresmtpd
somehow since it already knows how to run the pipeline correctly.

Ring a bell with anyone?

        - Greg