Hi.

I just wondered if there is any built-in way to have courier mail server
log Authentications (successful and unsuccessful) in a clean and simple way.

In esmtpd config, I can log the dialog, in authdaemonrc I can turn on
debugging but that's clearly not an easy way to have authentications
logged. Auth failures get logged as errorneous SMTP response but I did
not find anything about successful logins.

Any idea on that?

I would like to build some heuristic detection about hacked accounts.
Not really rate limiting but something "alert me when an account logged
in a hundred times in a few minutes".

Regards,
Bernd