On Dec 2, 10:48 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> We are (citizen space) and Sandbox Suites are. The Hat Factory is, I
> think. I'm not sure about the other two.

Is there a back way in to Hat Factory? IIRC, the front door is up 5
steps from the sidewalk, and I'm not aware of any roll-in entrance or
chairlift.

Sandbox Suites is on two levels; is there an elevator to the second
floor? Some of the desks and meeting rooms are there.

Just FYI since this message is becoming a reference for Bay Area
coworking accessibility: Berkeley Coworking's conference area is
accessible, but the desks are most definitely not; the bathroom is
accessible (but it may not be possible to open the door fully with the
fridge in the way... I'll take a fresh look this afternoon when I host
an event there).

Also worth noting in general that many coworking spaces are shoehorned
into spaces that are viable economically precisely because they are
not top-of-the-market high-demand office space with all the modern
amenities, and put together on a shoestring as a cooperative venture
meeting the needs of the initial participants, so unless one of the
core founders has personal experience in living with disability,
spaces will not generally not prioritize accessibility.

(backing up to the 10,000-foot view, not commenting on any particular
community) Perhaps this is an area for education of coworkers and
outreach for the movement? It could be an opportunity if people with
mobility limitations have fewer opportunities in the workplace-at-
large (even now, more than a decade after the Americans with
Disabilities Act (ADA) passed)... and are confined to isolated work-at-
home situations more than the average population. There's talent and
resources to be tapped... and perhaps even funding for creating spaces
designed for accessibility and increasing interactivity with this
population?

Raines Cohen, Coworking Coach

P.S. There is no lift on the bus, I'm sorry to say; it's purely an
entertainment vehicle, not a transportation service provider.