Progress has been slower than I like, but steady.  Hoped to be open by
10/1, but it's looking like probably 10/6 at this point.  New carpet
installed.  The conference room and the two privacy rooms are framed,
rocked, and painted.  Doors and trim go in Monday.  Track lighting
goes up this week, and the network gets installed this afternoon (or
at least it's scheduled to be).

We're getting some tables and chairs, a conference table, and phone
system expansion (card, plus some phones) from one of our partners
(CEPCO - Chico Economic Planning Corp, cepco.com). They are downsizing
and moving their offices in with us at our existing premises (Golden
Capital Network goldencapital.net), and they're bringing over some
furnishings and technology for Uptime.  But we won't be able to get at
those items until next weekend, hence the late opening.

We had a painting party yesterday.  Jeff, the CTO from a company we're
incubating in our offices, and staffers Shandi and Dana plus myself
primed and painted the new construction.  Would have liked to have had
some of the new members join us for the painting, but it was a short
notice thing.

We've set up the auto charge process with our bank.  Members' credit
cards will be automatically charged on the first of every month for
dues and accrued charges (if any).

Formal launch party/grand opening will be first week in November,
probably 11/6.  Between now and then we need to get and install:
  - two large flat panel displays
  - riser and stage lighting
  - conversation pit sofas and chairs
  - countertop across front window, and barstools
  - more tables and chairs

Photos of the progress to date are posted on uptimechico.ning.com

--Ax