Hey Sandra,
Looks like we're in the same region...(we're based in Akron Ohio).

This is kind of a collection of info we've tried w/some things doing
better than others.
Truth told though -- it's really been the initial members helping
spread the word.

Our single biggest ROI on marketing was a Facebook Ad -- geo targetted
that got one person who was a serious influencer spreading the word.

We opened in October and have 10 members....shooting for 60 by Nov
2009.

Other things we've tried:

-Direct Mail postcards - ehhh -- too expensive for the bang for the
buck, list was really hard on this one
-Working with local organizations trying to drive downtown activity --
(Downtown Akron Partnership) -- pretty successful they've embraced us
and helped spread the word.

-Google PPC - geo targeted (of course)

-Google Radio -- if you've got some $$ to experiment it was good for
driving traffic to our site...all for a $1500 test including creation
of the radio spot.  We have one solid lead from it and a couple others
pending...so the verdict is still out if this will have been worth it
in the long run.

-Work with local coffee shops -- get their ok to leave postcards
targeted to people working out of their house

-PR -- get in the paper -- it was pretty easy for us first out as
we're the first in the area to do this and it's got a bit of 'sizzle'
the local media loves.

-Work your networks -- we got a ton of leads because someone included
a mention of our business in our high school alumni email
newsletter....of course facebook, twitter etc which i was suprised.

-Events -- good for getting people in and seeing our space (which once
that's done we've got a REAL good chance of closing them).  Target
events towards education and small business.  Again still early - but
from the response of our most recent event we're going to target 2
education events a month from now on.

-We're also going to focus more on our site as a community resource.
There's a hole in our region for covering our Akron and it's unique
offerings.  So I'm looking to hire a couple writers to attend local
activities, report on happenings, all with that small business/ come
down town slant.  It's long tail -- but I think it will reinforce the
community aspect of what we're trying to do.

In fact -- we're really backing off 'marketing' for the next 2 months
to see if we can generate as many leads w/out -- with better quality
-- by working our networks and providing content & info that will be
picked up by our target market.

Again though - we're EARLY and we're LEARNING.
That's just what we're doing.

Kelly
Office Space Coworking
www.officespacecoworking.com