That's actually a great question; I'll survey my members this week and
get some rough numbers.

Kelly, your story is inspirational! Where did your first meetup take
place? In a cafe or a home? Did you cowork for the day, or just meet?

Can you keep doing that for a while, and see if you can rally the
people who do show up to spread the word?

Regarding running social events and starting a new business, you can
always maintain an open mind as you move forward. I never organized
social groups or knew anything about starting and running a company
before I got into coworking, and so far things seem to me working out
okay. Everyone has their own role to play.

As your community grows, and as the people you are already working
with become more closely knit, you may likely find one or more people
who share your interests and might be able to offer complimentary
skills.

In fact, count on it. Nobody does it alone :-)