They say fools rush in where angels fear to tread...we were so sure
there was a market for our high speed internet that we just went ahead
and opened Fiber High last spring without a lot of market research. We
called it an incubator. Guess what, folks -- we still have lots of
space and we're now doing drop in coworking along side our cubicle
rental. The bottom falling out of the office rental market has created
a glut of enclosed offices stock on the San Francisco Peninsula which
doesn't make our bullpen layout look so attractive -- except to co-
workers. Are any of the rest of you having this experience?

I'm still convinced there is a lot of enthusiasm for low cost-high
speed space to work from but I don't seem to be very good at spreading
the word. How are you reaching your potential clientele? There seem to
be a lot of postings about new coworking spaces opening. Is that
because existing spaces are filling up or are we breaking new ground?

Personally, I had what we would now call a coworking retail space in
Cotati CA in 1970 so the new ground isn't exactly new to me except
that we '70s hippies were self-consciously low tech. But individual
stalls with lots of collaborative common area is an ancient idea. I'm
glad it's back.

Looking forward to your comments about attracting attracting workers
to your co-locations --

Liza Loop   www.fiberhigh.com   l...@fiberhigh.com