Hello everyone,

We're finally launching the "coworking retreat" that I've been talking
about for over a year:

        http://www.cocovivo.com

If you don't need to be at a traditional office and have the freedom
to cowork, why not take off for a while and work from somewhere else?

I've enjoyed this lifestyle for 8 years, traveling all over the world,
and am setting up a network of places to make this "traveling
coworking" lifestyle easier and even more fun.

The first location is on a remote island in Bocas del Toro, Panama,
right on the ocean, by a coral reef, on an island with no cars. We use
solar power, have running water, propane refrigerators, and, of
course, reliable Wifi. We're right on the border to Costa Rica, and
the closest airport is 30 min away by boat.

This is definitely a place for seriously adventurous souls - you can
be working online one minute, and snorkel or kayak the next, or go for
a hike in the jungle, or snorkel, waterski, ...

We have lots of space -- several common areas to hang out, and a place
to stay for everyone. We plan to have 6-10 people there at a time...
We have a cook who prepares breakfast and lunch; dinner is self-
organized; there are a few restaurants in the area, or we cook together.

As far as I know, this is still a very new idea, and I'm curious how
it works out... We're also looking for anchors/volunteers who would
like to spend more time there and help run and improve the place, and
to help shape the community. Any thoughts on the idea in general would
also be appreciated.

I have a software company doing Ruby on Rails development, but we're
of course very open to any adventurous coworkers!

I'm in the SF bay area for the rest of this week, then headed to
Panama on Sunday.

Come visit!

-Rick