Agreed, the only way to get the economics "right" are to have the DIY,
low-budget mentality.  I am sure some of the co-working groups out
there have managed to attach co-working to other businesses (say, a
web design firm, a cafe, etc.) such that the economics don't have to
necessarily work out every month, and can maybe afford some luxuries.
Regus might have been able to make it happen had they listened to
feedback from the group here first :)

Looking forward to checking out the Fiber High and Cubes offerings one
of these days.

-
David