Seems like there's quite a bit of interest in a NoVA coworking
facility (which is not surprising to me at all, actually). I'm a San
Francisco boy (1981-2003) who got transplanted here because my wife
works for AOL in Dulles. It looks we're here more or less permanently.
(We keep telling people we're on "year six of a one-year experiment,"
FWIW.) I'm a software developer, entrepreneur (currently on my third
startup), professional public speaker, dilettante and social media
wonk. You can read all about me (and my supersized ego) here at
http://bucchere.com

Anyhoo, I'm trying to start a space in or near Clarendon (Arlington
County). My timeframe is end of the summer or early fall of this year
and I want to get four or five "partners" involved to share the lease
so that we could all get a fairly good space for < $500/mo each. I
don't want to make money on this; I see it more as a "give back to the
community" sort of thing. However, I do want to at least not *lose*
money, hence the need for partners. I would be happy to let out of
town and local guests drop by and "hotel" in the office or cubes, use
the conference rooms and kitchen, etc. for free. If it becomes a more
regular thing -- and it may or may not be necessary to set up
guidelines of what defines "regular" -- then the partners would need
to decide if it's time to add another paying partner.

Does that more or less make sense? Have other coworking facilities
been set up in a similar way?

If anyone is interested in becoming a partner (and the location,
timeframe and cost seem reasonable), I've set up a private $GOOG group
for that purpose. Let me know if you'd like to be invited. Again, the
coworking facility, when it goes live at the end of the summer or in
the fall, will be open to all, but I want to keep the number of
partners limited to four or five people/companies.

Chris Bucchere
ch...@bucchere.com
http://twitter.com/bucchere