Grant (http://twitter.com/splorp) is just one of the many cool geeks in the
community in Calgary and, I believe, he was one of the people behind
BarCampCalgary...but I don't think he is involved in the coworking efforts.
He'd be a good person to talk to about getting interest drummed up in the
wider community, though.
Here is the Calgary page on the coworking wiki:
http://wiki.coworking.info/CoworkingCalgary

Doesn't look like there is anything in place, but there are definitely
interested parties.